Makeup 101: Applying Foundation, Concealer, and Powder
How can I learn about makeup basics? What is Makeup 101? These are probably the most common questions will arrive in your mind while you are trying to learn about makeup basic or you can say makeup 101. Also, we have got this request by email more than 100 times in our lifestyle magazine.
Well, I have also faced it when I was starting my journey in the world of makeup for making my self-standing out in the crowd. I have searched for lots of tutorials and joined many online and offline makeup classes for learning makeup 101.
But the most astonishing part in my learning is that I have seen there is a big lack of beginner’s makeup tutorial. All the makeup experts or makeup artist are just ignoring all the very basic parts of makeup in their beauty blogs. That’s why I have planned to write a Makeup 101 tutorial of my own. Here I have tried to cover all the basic question you will have in your mind while learning as a beginner.
Related Article: 50 Beauty Tips & Tricks Every Woman Must Know
Makeup 101: How to prepare your skin:
Before starting your makeup, you must have to prepare your skin for the makeup. Actually, this is the most basic step of makeup 101. If you don’t make your skin ready for the makeup, all your makeup effort can be failed. So let us make your skin ready for the makeup first.
- Moisturizer : First of all apply a very good moisturizer like CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion or Ives Facial Moisturizer . If you don’t apply moisturizer first, your make will not run smoothly. Dry patches can also be highlighted. If you have oily skin, you better apply some good oil control moisturizer like Acure Oil Control Facial Moisturizer.
- Primer: Primer is not a compulsory step. Still it can be your optional secondary step for making your skin ready for the makeup 101. A good primer like: l.f. Studio Mineral Infused Face Primer or REVLON Photoready Perfecting Primer can be a nice choice for beginners skin preparation. These primers can help to even out your skin tone. It also reduces imperfections and pores.
Most of the primers also come up with sun control boost. So I think applying a primer is a pretty good choice.
- Brightener: Using brighteners like REVLON Eye Primer plus Brightener or Smashbox Cosmetics Under Eye Brightener is another optional step of preparing your skin for the makeup 101. If you have under eye circle like most of the girls have, applying brightener can be a very good choice for you before makeup. A good brightener can reduce you under eye circles and gives an even tone to your skin.
Related Article: 40 Beauty Tips To Look Gorgeous Within 5 Minutes
Makeup 101: How to Apply Eyeliner
Eyeliner is one of the most important item of your cosmetics which can give you a dramatic look without giving much time or effort. You can make a soft line or a dramatic stroke and embellish the windows to your heart by spending just a few moments with an eyeliner pencil.
Select an eyeliner. Several factors to consider when you are choosing an eyeliner like color, quality, and mode of application .This is Eyeliner usually comes in a pencil, cream, or the liquid application form. So regarding blonde hair, consider using a brown eyeliner for everyday use.Or dark hair, apply black eyeliner on a regular basis.
Choose the look you are going for. If you want a smooth, daytime look or want a smoky evening look. Just consider the thickness of the eyeliner as well as the position .
Put on your makeup. Eyeliner always needs to apply over eyeshadow but before mascara. Start by using your foundation, eye shadow, and blush before moving to the eyeliner application.
Pose to put on the eyeliner. The simplest application occurs once you slap your head back and use your non-drawing hand to make bigger the skin on the outside of your eye a bit. Move up your eyebrows so your eyelid will not block your lash line at all. This is also helpful to rest your elbow on a table to keep your hand steady.
Create a dotted line along your lashes. Apply your eyeliner to make a small dotted line straight above your lashes on your upper eyelid. Just make sure the dots are as near to the base of your eyelid as much possible.
Finish the line. Make sure each of the dots has been linked, and the ends of the line taper a little instead of finishing in a dull, smoothed dot.
Creating Variations :
- Line your bottom lashes. Your bottom lashes are naturally less full than your top so do not require lining, you can put in a bit of drama by adding a little eyeliner to them. Applying the same method since lining your upper lashes.Just draw a line from the outside corner to about half of the way inside your lower eyelid.
- Only use mascara on your bottom lashes if you also put it on your top lashes as well. Or else, you will look like you are sickly or have raccoon-eyes.
- Connect the liner on your top and bottom lashes at the outside corner of your eye with a slightly tapered point.
- Don’t line your bottom lashes all the way to the inside rear channel, as your eyes water
Create a cat eye. A cat eye, or winged eyeliner, is shaped by lining just the upper lash line and then sketch the line out past the outer corner of your eye. This need to be drawn upwards towards at the end of your eyebrow.Then pointed to give the fantasy of extra long eyelashes.
Smudge your eyeliner. For a smoky, fuzzy look, use your finger to stain your eyeliner along your upper lash line. Don’t massage it in, but just spread it slightly so that the line isn’t very separating. Just use only this effect on the upper lash line
In conclusion, if you follow the above rules, no one will identify that you will get this from beauty saloon or some experts handed.
Related Article: Best Hanging Toiletry Bags for Men and Women
Makeup 101: How to apply eyeshadow
If you want to make your eyes beautiful You don’t have to be an expert for this or don’t need to be a beautician. Your eyes will be perfectly sculpted with just the right shades of eye shadow. This is very easy and simple ,just need a few quality supplies and a little practice. Try the below methods of eyeshadow application and get on your way to enjoying and make this fun.
Here are a few tips how to naturally improve the look of your eyes.
Applying eye shadow
Two basic rules here:
The eyeball is naturally darker towards the outside than the inside. To get a natural impression of depth, use the darker color at the outer corners of your eye.
Shape the border between the eye shadow and skin for a natural gradation.
Using the technique of eye shadow:
- Light colors
At first, make brighter up the eyes by using the lighter color over the whole eyelid.
- Intermediate colors
Then , mixed in the intermediate color working from the outer corners of your eyes inwards. For a youthful look, use more color at the outmost corner the eye. Meanwhile, the inner corners of your eyes need only a light dab of color. Make in mind color applied too heavily in the inner corner will look gaudy.
- Dark colors
To finish, use a dark color along the lower and upper lash lines, then again using more color at the outer corners lightly inward. Your eyes will look larger and well unbiased with dark color used over the outer one-third of your eyelid. Just look in the mirror to make sure that the eye shadow is noticeable on the outer sides .
Focus the eye area and choosing the eye shadow
Prepare your eyelids for eye shadow with a base formulated particularly for the skin around the eyes.This eyelid bases improve the moisturizing effect of eye shadows and get ready the lids for smoother and longer lasting eye shadows.
Selecting the eye shadow color
If you have blue, hazel , green eyes choose an eye shadow color which complements the color of your iris to make livelier your eyes and bring out the most outstanding effects. If you like to use an eyeshadow within the same color like your eye, make sure select a shade lighter than your eyes .
Choosing the right colors
Earthy tones for example as grays and browns perfect for blue eyes
Shades of brown or earth tones make attention to green eyes and helps to look natural at the same time. Shades of like burgundy, maroon, apricot, peach bring out green eyes nicely.
Hazel eyes colors also work well.
Brown eyes go with just about any color of eye shadow.
Fresh colors like green and pink naturally look best on a balmy day, while darker shades for example as Bordeaux red or khaki work good in calmer and cooler weather.
So you can try now by your self and become attractive in any party.
Related Article: How To Apply Gothic Makeup
Makeup 101: How to apply face makeup
Using makeup is a common and natural order to accomplishing most anything in life .Like putting on a fresh face of makeup, are a bit more complicated. If you’re a newcomer to the world of fashion, probably you may find yourself at a loss with the endless varieties of makeup and styles that can be found. But it’s not so much difficult to learn which is the most elementary makeup products are, and their way of using.
What do you do first: use lipstick or focus on the eye? Get away with putting the liner on after mascara? Usually, not everyone will use all steps, but if you skip the powder or cheeks, this is still a good way to follow.
1: Primer or Moisturizer
Select one, not both.Moisturizer, no matter how light in texture, will hinder with the function of a primer. Another hand always uses your sunscreen, whether SPF is put up into your moisturizer,primer, or foundation.
Pick a moisturizer which suits your skin type:
- Dry skin: get a thicker cream that locks moisture in.
- Normal skin: choose cream moisturizers which are hydrating.
- Oily skin: get a water based lotion.
When the product falls onto bare skin, the color can be even harder to remove. This is better to make a canvas with the foundation and correct any mistakes with a finishing touch. One more suggestion here that is you have t to wait until after the foundation since foundation will do a lot of the job for you
Choose the concealer that closes to your skin tone.Make sure you don’t choose one which is too dark or too light.If puzzled ask for advice to get the right color.
- Use the concealer on any zits or redness on your skin , just use a small brush to take it on and touch lightly it with your fingers to blend it in.
- Hide any dark circles under your eye by using the concealer in a triangular outline. Just mix the outer corners of the triangle by your fingers. But don’t forget to hide the inner corners of your eyes since these are normally darker than the rest of your eye.
Use a very light dusting of transparent powder. That will assist to make it easier to get rid of fallout from eye shadow and provide the base time to fix in once you apply the rest of your makeup.
5: Eyes or lips
After the face starts the eyes .
For Eyes: shadow > liner > after then mascara. This is the sequence need to follow for using eye makeup. Put in a little more liner at the lash line and use an extra pop of sparkle shadow in the middle of the lid.
For Lips: balm > liner > lipstick > after then gloss. This is recommended to smudged liner all over your lips and massaging it in with fingertips before giving lipstick. Lastly, use lip gloss only if you want.
Then mark on your check last.For doing this last behind two reasons. One, it binds the eyes and lips together. Two, if you use a powder, you can sweep up it cross ways the lids after the eye makeup is complete to add an extra pop.”
Assume you got a clear idea and can do your own makeup perfectly. Let’s start..